Realtime morphing

Project diary for a realtime morphing demonstration. We are two skilled students at gsCept university creating an advanced real time morphing simulation. This is our diary about it.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Normal maps are evil

Darnit, my original post got lost. Not only are normal maps evil, blogger seems to be evil too!

Anyway, what I had to say was: Normal maps may seem very versatile, but they are actually very specialized. This puts lots of pressure on the gfx artist (me). Anyway, my current problem consist of staying low-poly while still getting more detail without having normal-map errors. I think most of the errors come from hard/soft edges, but I have faith in my newest attemt. Here I will use no hard edges and bevel all edges that are supposed to be hard then turn them soft. Except the blade, which I will keep hard so it gets real hard (hopefully).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home